Beiträge von Mawrick

Hi,

I had the same issue, looks like they all have that connector. However I was able to push the plastic a bit to the side and did not need to cut any plastic. Not 100% perfect, but ok. It was not easy to connect the two tubes, but finally I made it.
    Another part no. is 1H0820191A, but should have the same issue.
    Regards
    Gunther

Thanks for the reply, then I know it's possible at least to fit it, however I got some help from a local vw dealership here and found out the part number that was continued after the original one was this one: 7D1 820 191 A

but this is also not available from VW anymore it seem, at least not here in Norway as theyr not yet part of that "classic parts" stuff that vw do for some parts, BUT I was able to source alternative from ECSTuning in the states: I'v orderes now so have to see how it turns out - at least from the pictures it doesn't seem to have that connector on there......crossing fingers and I'l report back :winking_face:

Thanks again

I have a 95 Corrado with the following dryer:

VW: 535820191A

I'v found a replacement, but sadly it doesn't fit without modifying some plastic on the car, which I don't want to do.

Does anyonw know of alternative part numbers which exsist in VW system today ?, or know of other dryers that will fit.

Attatched two pictures showing the old and the new one.......

I'v seen an alternative part-number which also was out of date, where it was fitted to a caravelle - but haven't managed to find an alternative that exsist today...:(

Hi,
    there are "provider-cars" from the police on the autobahn, which can film you if you don´t obey the speed-limits, follow the car before you to close, overtake on the right and so on. But they will show a police -sign in one or the other form, when they finally stop you.
    So i think, that you met some idiots. Perhaps you had some trouble with them before?
    Showing the credit size-card was perhaps a foto-handy, in order to frighten you.

yea - where no reason for some "officials" to stop me at least - so I think it was someone up to some funky stuff.....lol....:)

Never saw the car before or after this - and they never went up on the side to show any sign (I was in mid lane)

While driving into Berlin (autobahn) last week this older BMW closed up on me from behind starting to use his blinkers and also flashing his light (although he was so close I could hardly see he flashing the lights) - also the guy in the passanger seat seem to try to hold op a (credit card size) card - somehow looks like he was trying to look like an "official".

I chose to ignore em - and thought if they wanted something and/or was official they would have some sort of lights or something - also noticed when he didn't get a response he took off on the first "ausfart" where one could rest at - but without a manned gas station and that kind of things.

I didn't notice the number plate of what country the car was from - so not sure if they where trying to pull some funky tricks or something...

Any idea what they try to pull off ?.

I was alone in my car (though a m8 was in another car in the area)

During my roadtrip in Europe (ended up with the Passat V6) we where also inside Italy for a litle while (due to driving stelvio pass) - was amazed at the "collective" non respect for speed limits etc (I guess we all do speeding at times - but still).......roadwork area with 60km/h ALL where driving 100+......and everyone is trying to take a bite out of your fenders - is this the same style throughout Italy or was this just a coincident ?.

I must say I much prefer the German style - even though it can be faster - but then again the roads are generally better....:)

Just thought it was a bit of a surrealistic experience, and when coming over the border into Switzerland again it was almost like flicking a switch - and things got back to a "normal" driving style again....lol...:)

Can anyone tell me what I would need to ask a vw dealer for if I want them to replace the chain, guides etc (Everything that have to be replaced when doing the chain) in german ?

Also any idea on how long time they will need, this is on a 06 Passat V6 (vr6).

What opening times do the dealer workshops normally have ?

Do they generally have long waiting times?

I'm thinking maybe in the Berlin area, any recommendation on shops one could ask?

thnx again

Hi Mawerick, there are no special Licenceplates used by Volkswagen for "Company Cars". If it was used for internal driving inside the Plant it had none Licenceplates at all or mabey a plate with the Department where it was used like Quality Assurence or other Department)but when it was used to drive on Public Roads to then it had regular License Plates like WOB DC 123 or similar.

ahh ok - yea was told it was used on the plant - so guess that's the reason it didn't have any official German plates then....:)

Any of you guys know if VW do have "special" number plates for factory/company cars used in the Wolfsburg area (or the factory area).

Reason for asking is that when I traced back the history of my Corrado it turned out it have been a "company" car of VW when it was new - before it was sold to a German dealer that then sold it onto Sweden (so was never on "official German plates) - to my understanding.

Can anyone conform that VW actually do have their own type of plates ?.

(I tried to get info about the original number plates from the automuseum but they din't give out that type of info) - any chance one would get it from them if confirming ownership of the car?

As you guys most likely have driven different more modern cars around Germany - and the Autobahn - how would you say the Corrado compare to more modern cars?.

Also any ideas how it compares to let's say a MK6 GTI 230HP - when it comes to "general" performance - I suspect the GTI will let it have it's run for it's money - but any real life experience ? :)

Hi,
    okey, I think you have already informed yourself about the possibilities in Wolfsburg(VW-Museum, Autostadt). I don`t know, but perhaps it is possible for you to visit the VW-production-line in Wolfsburg- it`s very impressive. Wolfsburg has also a quite impressive Museum of Modern Art.
    Otherwise there isn`t much more impressive between and around Wolfsburg and Berlin-only sand, forests and the river "Elbe":(. But of course Berlin itself is very interesting-"millions "of young People visit the town for partiing(they don`t close the pubs here at midnight as in London:zwinkern:), but also for art, architecture, theater and having a good time.

There will definatily be some trips to the pubs...lol...:) - been in Berlin a few times before, it's a vibrant city to be in :)

My VR6 have been rebuilt a few years ago - sadly it have developed a small oil leak (from inspection it seem to come from the seal that sits on the lower cover over the chain).

As I'v mentioned here before I'm planning a trip to Germany later this summer, and was hoping to take the Corrado - Any idea if this leak is a "show stopper" or would it be generally safe?.

Also *if* it for some reason should start pouring oil - would a VW Dealer in Germany be able to sort a Corrado out nowadays ? (will they take in older cars - or only newer ones?).

Mawrick
    sorry, I hope you will not "hate" me after reading this. Okay, the Corrado can handle all speeds on the german Autobahn, but is the driver as "good" as the car? You must have a lot of experience and a "sixt sense", which you can only develop in years on the autobahn(for instance foreseeing, that another car before will change on your lane before you), in order to drive here with high speed safely. So, as "Klaus" said "please be careful".

haha, no worries :)

I'v been driving the Autobahn before so have managed it fine :) - was more thinking about how the car behave at higher speeds as I drove a rental previouse times (BMW 325 V6) :)

but yea - not going "all in"...lol...:)

Yea - not about to go "mental" when it comes to speeding the autobahn - reason for asking is that my choice is between the Corrado VR6 and the 06 Passat 3.2 V6 I have, but I'd rather take the Corrado - if I get the last few bits ready - I need to check a small oil leak (wich I sadly belive comes from the chain cover plate (the engine have been fully refurbished - but the gasket seem to have a small leak).

and I need my AC sorted first - other than that all "wear" parts are changed, and the car should be as good as it can be :)

Was just want to make sure that it handles it OK - as top speed up here is roughly 80-90 km/h) so.....:)

As I'v only driven my Corrado in Norway (and a bit in Sweden when I picked it up - but that was on bad shocks etc) and I'm now hoping to take it down to Germany again later this summer - what speeds do you guys think it handles comfortably ?.

Mine is a VR6, and sits on KW1's other than that quite stock.