How well does the Corrado handle speed? (comfortably)

• As I'v only driven my Corrado in Norway (and a bit in Sweden when I picked it up - but that was on bad shocks etc) and I'm now hoping to take it down to Germany again later this summer - what speeds do you guys think it handles comfortably ?.

Mine is a VR6, and sits on KW1's other than that quite stock.

• Hi,
    the Corrado handles all speeds on german "autobahns" very well - of course it must be technically okay. Even in strong to stormy sidewinds it is rocksteady:ok:, as I myself expirienced some years ago when driving back from the "Ruhrgebiet" to Berlin in a heavy storm for hours.
    But be cautious with the original brakes. In my opinion they are not powerful enough for a car, which can reach 240km/h:kopfkrat:. Up to 180-200 km/h they are okay, but if you are faster, you can experience very strong fading.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Please be careful! The mentality and behavior of motorists on German Autobahn is not comparable with other countries. In the higher speed ranges, it can quickly become dangerous.
    Drive on a day without trucks on the Autobahn.
    If technically everything is o.k. and the weather and the traffic situation allows it, you can also drive the corrado speed limit.

Watch your life!

• Yea - not about to go "mental" when it comes to speeding the autobahn - reason for asking is that my choice is between the Corrado VR6 and the 06 Passat 3.2 V6 I have, but I'd rather take the Corrado - if I get the last few bits ready - I need to check a small oil leak (wich I sadly belive comes from the chain cover plate (the engine have been fully refurbished - but the gasket seem to have a small leak).

and I need my AC sorted first - other than that all "wear" parts are changed, and the car should be as good as it can be :)

Was just want to make sure that it handles it OK - as top speed up here is roughly 80-90 km/h) so.....:)

• Mawrick
    sorry, I hope you will not "hate" me after reading this. Okay, the Corrado can handle all speeds on the german Autobahn, but is the driver as "good" as the car? You must have a lot of experience and a "sixt sense", which you can only develop in years on the autobahn(for instance foreseeing, that another car before will change on your lane before you), in order to drive here with high speed safely. So, as "Klaus" said "please be careful".

Automatische Anzeigen

• Mawrick
    sorry, I hope you will not "hate" me after reading this. Okay, the Corrado can handle all speeds on the german Autobahn, but is the driver as "good" as the car? You must have a lot of experience and a "sixt sense", which you can only develop in years on the autobahn(for instance foreseeing, that another car before will change on your lane before you), in order to drive here with high speed safely. So, as "Klaus" said "please be careful".

haha, no worries :)

I'v been driving the Autobahn before so have managed it fine :) - was more thinking about how the car behave at higher speeds as I drove a rental previouse times (BMW 325 V6) :)

but yea - not going "all in"...lol...:)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!