My Ride - A project thread in English

• As I'v been around here for quite some time, I thought I should put in a small thread about my 1995 Corrado with some pics etc:

The beauty when I picked it up in Sweden:

after some polishing etc:

Then tearing it a part:

Removed old protection, applied new and painted:

Blasted the manifold:

Didn't think it cme out to good so decided to powdercoat it:

It looks blue, but is almost black when you see it in real life :)

Cleaned up throttlebody:

And new KW's awaiting install:

powdercoated drivetrain etc:

• Very, very nice works.
    The manifold looks more than great. I've never seen something like this.

Do you know our calender project? :biggrin:

Not sure I know about the calendar project, but if it's a yearly calendar thingy I might send in some when the car is finnished...;)

Automatische Anzeigen

• Looks great, good work, interested project.
    Is your Corrado now complete or in work?

best regards :winking_face:

thnx :)

it's in the works - I will most likely only use this car during summertime (due to heavy salting of roads during winter time here in Norway = RUST), so hopefully finnished by next summer.

it's mostly ready for re-assembly though, only thing is to get back the last parts from powdercoater and then get the chain done (the engine is apart at the moment, but shouldn't be much left), and the Hartmann exhaust is in the post so will get that next week. Propably start assemble the drivetrain etc by then...;)

• A few more pics taken - after I got back the parts - maybe a bit more correct colors in these pics:

Oil sump:

The heat shield in the rear fender:

Heat shield over the exhaust manifold:

Engine cover:

Exhaust manifold:

Engine mount:

Bracket:

Oil filter housing:

Lower intake minifold:

Intake manifold:

• Hey looks Allsome!!!!:ok: have you a newer picture with the engine inside?? Are you finished with it??

Greets

Sorry not yet - plan to be finished spring/early summer - when I hopefully will go on a road trip in Europe again :) (have to get down on the continent to drive on your good roads...;) )

as it stands today: (the engine):

Cut from another thread in an english forum:

The engine is now almost ready, the chain have been done, new lifters, new valve stem seals, MK4 head gasket, new stainless crack pipe, all new plastic (thermostat housing etc), all new sensors on the oil-filter housing, and in thermostat housing. it's pretty much assembled only missing the crack pipe/thermostat housing + a few other bits a pieces.

The block have also been etched primed and painted with anthracite gray.

Some bad phone pics from the painting:

Etch primer:

And the anthracite gray paint (2 coatings) (I did 3 thin coats - but pics taken after second painting) (it's currently drying up the last layer)..;)

Also managed to fit the front "drivetrain"

Now time for some X-mas BEER!...:)

• Still not finished, but coming along nicely - decided to brake the alternator and get that powdercoated as well - the project have been a bit set back by the heavy/cold winter here in Norway, ad the place the car is at is quite "open"........an old saw mill :) - so can't do any work when the temps have been -15 and beyound...:(, hopefully finnished by summer anyway :)

Automatische Anzeigen

• Finaly some real progress being done on this Corrado.

- Got new brake lines and hoses +++ fitted (going to have to get some new OEM VW brake hoses though as the goodridge stuff I bought is total cr** IMHO - the rear was wrong, and the front ones (one side) doesn't seem to hold the seal properly...:( ).

- Got the engine fitted in the car - still some electric to be connected, and some of the water hoses etc.
    - Missing the air-intake as I lost the gasket between the TB and the air intake - new one ordered.
    - Partly fitted the Hartmann Exhaust system - missing the midle "pipe" as I have to cut it to fit.

Some pics of the progress:

As it sits tonight:

The Hartmann Exhaust:

And finaly a somewhat to dark photo from the bay:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!