Leaking seal on the chain cover - trip to Germany - safe?

• My VR6 have been rebuilt a few years ago - sadly it have developed a small oil leak (from inspection it seem to come from the seal that sits on the lower cover over the chain).

As I'v mentioned here before I'm planning a trip to Germany later this summer, and was hoping to take the Corrado - Any idea if this leak is a "show stopper" or would it be generally safe?.

Also *if* it for some reason should start pouring oil - would a VW Dealer in Germany be able to sort a Corrado out nowadays ? (will they take in older cars - or only newer ones?).

• Hi,
    I think every bigger VW-workshop in Germany can still handle the Corrado. This is the case for instance in Berlin with "Autohaus Berolina". The "Meister" even drove a Corrado(G60 in fact)himself some years ago and he still admires the car very much. But of course more and more parts are not avaible anymore. So this could perhaps create a problem.
    "Is the leak a show-stopper"? I myself would risk to give it a go, being only a small leak, as you said. But I think it would be wise to control the oil-level moreoften as usual and to have a close look at the oil-temperatures if you give the Corrie it`s high-speed-run:)

• Sounds good - I'l take my chances....:)

Only have to wire up some stereo so I can have some music on the way - can't only listen to VR6 engine noise all day long.....lol...:)

Automatische Anzeigen

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!