Turbo on a 2.0 16V

• Hi all

I'm thinking of putting a Turbo on my 2.0 16v, but what do i need, what will it all cost, and what do i gain for power?

Is here anyone who has done this before? :yipieh:

Or do you guys prefer my other option, 2 double 45 webers on it? I know this is cheaper but i heard the webers are not that trustworthy. :confused:

What other options do i have for my 2.0 16v??

Tnx

• www.wagner-tuning.de;www.sls-tuning.de;www.rothe-motorsport.de

You can build up your engine with a Turbocharger (nearly 250 horsepower (about 10 thousand Euro (incl. Racingbreak etc.), more than 350 Horsepower are possible, but that would be a very expensive option)

[ 05. Mai 2002: Beitrag editiert von: Red Thunder ]

[ 05. Mai 2002: Beitrag editiert von: Red Thunder ]

Steffen Fuchs
    Aktuell mit 1.080 PS Fuhrpark:super:
    Corrado 1.8T,Audi 200 20V Turbo Quattro, Audi RS4,
    Ford Focus ST (Freundin ;))

• You could do the same, that I´m thinking of this time.
    I also own an 2.0l 16V Corrado and want to fit a Compressor (from the Mercedes Benz SLK for an example)on it.
    I try to get as much informations as possible, because this is a new terrain for me too. In my opinion this is a little bit cheaper than a turbocharger.

But when I habe enough Infos then I´ll contact you again.

So cu :)

Hannes

Driving by feeling?
    ...feeling by driving!!!

Automatische Anzeigen

• Hi

You think it is cheaper then a turbocharger???

mmmmm dunno, you still have to deal with the pressure in the motor, and that takes changements that are expenssive, it is not the turbo charger that is expensive.

Ans i can go for a TC with max pressure of 0.4 bar, but then you just have about 170 - 180 Hp. If i want the TC, then i want more then 250 Hp in my raddo :yipieh:

but keep me informed on the progress :rofl:

Thanks

• Corridriver

Koen hat recht. Es macht preislich fast keinen Unterschied ob man ein Kompressor oder nen Turbo draufbaut. Das teure sind die Ladeluftschläuche, der Ladeluftkühler, die Bearbeitung am Motor und die Steuergerätampassung. Ein Turbo selbst ist billig genau wie ein Kompressor, jedoch kann man mit nem Turbo viel mehr rausholen.

Ciao
    Steff

there´s no price-difference from a compressor to a turbo, but with a turbo you can earn much more power.

tschö

• Mr. Steffen of SLS-Tuning drives an 16V with nearly 260 hp himself. Ask him about his experiences.

Steffen Fuchs
    Aktuell mit 1.080 PS Fuhrpark:super:
    Corrado 1.8T,Audi 200 20V Turbo Quattro, Audi RS4,
    Ford Focus ST (Freundin ;))

Automatische Anzeigen

• Whahahah Koen could you not ask it on our Forum???

ghegehgehgehgeh

Groetjes Sander (SDH-VR6) :winkewin:

Corrado VR6 11-91 LC3U
    3.0L Schrick ansaugroh und viel mehr :)

CCN member:529

• Hi,
    did you ever think of putting in another engine instead?
    For the price of the Turbokit for your engine, it would properbly be more efficient if you put in another engine instead.
    For example, for 10000 Euro you are able to put in a C20LET with Phase 3 (approx. 300-330 HP).
    For 10000 Euro you will propably get the engine plus F28 6 gear transmission and someone who will put it in.
    If it doesn´t borther you, that it´s an Opel engine, you will be better off with this.
    I´m thinking of this, too. I know the C20LET and it´s a real good engine but actually I´m thinking of puting in a Audi S2 engine. But it should be realy complicated to fix in a Audi S2 engine, so personaly I´m thinking now about a C20LET again.
    Personaly, I wouldn´t spend 10000 Euro on a Turbokit, if I can get a stronger engine, that has prooven it´s quality over years.
    But if you want to keep your engine, take the turbokit.
    I think, it´s better for an engine over 1.6 L too be Turbochareged than to be mecanicaly charged.
    But I think it´s too expensive to put a Charger on a non charged engine, if you see what other charged engines you can get for this price.
    Just my opinion.
    Regards
    Ernie
    P.S. The C20LET is the engine from the Calibra / Vectra Turbo. Just in case you didn´t know.

Automatische Anzeigen

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!