Does VW have "special number plates" for use in Wolfsburg?

• Any of you guys know if VW do have "special" number plates for factory/company cars used in the Wolfsburg area (or the factory area).

Reason for asking is that when I traced back the history of my Corrado it turned out it have been a "company" car of VW when it was new - before it was sold to a German dealer that then sold it onto Sweden (so was never on "official German plates) - to my understanding.

Can anyone conform that VW actually do have their own type of plates ?.

(I tried to get info about the original number plates from the automuseum but they din't give out that type of info) - any chance one would get it from them if confirming ownership of the car?

• Hi Mawerick, there are no special Licenceplates used by Volkswagen for "Company Cars". If it was used for internal driving inside the Plant it had none Licenceplates at all or mabey a plate with the Department where it was used like Quality Assurence or other Department)but when it was used to drive on Public Roads to then it had regular License Plates like WOB DC 123 or similar.

• Hi Mawerick, there are no special Licenceplates used by Volkswagen for "Company Cars". If it was used for internal driving inside the Plant it had none Licenceplates at all or mabey a plate with the Department where it was used like Quality Assurence or other Department)but when it was used to drive on Public Roads to then it had regular License Plates like WOB DC 123 or similar.

ahh ok - yea was told it was used on the plant - so guess that's the reason it didn't have any official German plates then....:)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!