AC Dryer - 535820191A (wihout quick connector for pressure switch) - supplier?

• I have a 95 Corrado with the following dryer:

VW: 535820191A

I'v found a replacement, but sadly it doesn't fit without modifying some plastic on the car, which I don't want to do.

Does anyonw know of alternative part numbers which exsist in VW system today ?, or know of other dryers that will fit.

Attatched two pictures showing the old and the new one.......

I'v seen an alternative part-number which also was out of date, where it was fitted to a caravelle - but haven't managed to find an alternative that exsist today...:(

• Hi,

I had the same issue, looks like they all have that connector. However I was able to push the plastic a bit to the side and did not need to cut any plastic. Not 100% perfect, but ok. It was not easy to connect the two tubes, but finally I made it.
    Another part no. is 1H0820191A, but should have the same issue.
    Regards
    Gunther

• Hi,

I had the same issue, looks like they all have that connector. However I was able to push the plastic a bit to the side and did not need to cut any plastic. Not 100% perfect, but ok. It was not easy to connect the two tubes, but finally I made it.
    Another part no. is 1H0820191A, but should have the same issue.
    Regards
    Gunther

Thanks for the reply, then I know it's possible at least to fit it, however I got some help from a local vw dealership here and found out the part number that was continued after the original one was this one: 7D1 820 191 A

but this is also not available from VW anymore it seem, at least not here in Norway as theyr not yet part of that "classic parts" stuff that vw do for some parts, BUT I was able to source alternative from ECSTuning in the states: I'v orderes now so have to see how it turns out - at least from the pictures it doesn't seem to have that connector on there......crossing fingers and I'l report back :winking_face:

Thanks again

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!